16'' bbs wheel's on a 88 m3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16'' bbs wheel's on a 88 m3?

why would I have 16's on my stock 88. Any ideas on this?
    1988 E30 M3 2.3(sold)
    1988 Celica alltrac turbo (on its way to 300hp)

I thought 16"s were an option, my 87 German import has them (basketweaves) and I think had them from new.

Comment

B/C someone put them on there....probably off of an e28 M5

There was no official option for the US for anything other than the stock 15" rims

Comment

16" BBS basketweaves were fitted on Euro spec cars from 1989 and to the then new, 215BHP models . Check under the cap to see what you have . ET 20 with be E28 M5 wheels . ET27 will be the Euro spec .
        This space is a sanctimonious shit free zone.

Comment

guys...I have searched through many posts and only one person mentioned that you need to remove the rattle clip to fit the e28 M5 wheels. Can anybody confirm that you do or do NOT have to remove the clip? I am interested as I have a chance to pick up some e28 M5 wheels at a decent price. TIA for the input...love this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by ///Mflossin
            guys...I have searched through many posts and only one person mentioned that you need to remove the rattle clip to fit the e28 M5 wheels. Can anybody confirm that you do or do NOT have to remove the clip? I am interested as I have a chance to pick up some e28 M5 wheels at a decent price. TIA for the input...love this forum!
            That is for E34 modular wheels. The ones that have the removable turbine/throwing star style covers.

No need to remove any clips for e28 basketweaves AFAIK.
            Chris L.

Spray paint and tire shine doesn't equate to a "restoration!"

Comment

VERY cool! Yeah...I am talkin' basketweaves! I wasn't sure if they were talking about the baskeweaves or the TS's.

Comment

You dont have to remove the clip you have to modify it and the same gose when you run the 740 16' wheels like i have on my car , als you have to do is noch out the senter of the clip and thay will work fine and you can keep the wheels on .

Comment

so you are saying that I need to notch the anit-rattle clip on the e28 M5 basketweaves?

Comment

NO

Comment

ok...I wasn't clear if he was talking about the basketweaves or the Turbine Style wheels. :cool:

Comment

I have 16x8 wheels with 225/45/16s on my 88. It came with them. They are Moda I think. Don't recall the offset.

see Here
                        Photos

Comment

that's great but what does that have to do with the Turbine Style M5 wheels compared to the basketweaves?

Comment

nothing at all....haha

Comment

Originally posted by Evo2Trela
                              You dont have to remove the clip you have to modify it and the same gose when you run the 740 16' wheels like i have on my car , als you have to do is noch out the senter of the clip and thay will work fine and you can keep the wheels on .
                              Any pics of the modified clip? Not sure I understand 100% what you are talking about, but I would like to run the 740 basketweaves...
                              My old M3, still looking for another... :peekaboo:

Comment

Working...
                              X