17" DS1 and ride height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17" DS1 and ride height

I searched S14 for a while and could not really find the particular situation I'm having regarding ride height & wheels/tires. I want my ride height to be slightly lower and more aggressive. Pictures below.

I believe the current setup I have is as follows:

DS1 wheels 17" x 7.5" shod with Continental Extreme DW 215/40 ZR17. I'm pretty sure we have 1/2" to 1" spacers all around.

There's about 1" of space vertical between tire and fender and 1.25" inward as it sits now - both front and rear sitting similar. Seems like a lot of "room".

HR Sport springs, Bilstein sport shocks. Had camber plates on the front, just removed those to see if that would help, marginal difference.

I think the ride height is TRUCKING and the car is not SLAMMED enough for my tastes.

Handles and drives well with this set up as is, but I want to get a slightly more aggressive look.

Any suggestions on getting a slightly more agressive/lowered look while maintaining ride quality? I don't want it scraping the ground or anything where the wheels are pitched inward to a silly extent. Looking for something more akin to old school DTM look perhaps...

Bear with me as I'm a neophyte when it comes to wheel / tire and suspension set ups so any advice / thoughts suggestions people have is greatly appreciated.

By way of background, I was running 18" x 8" basket weave (style 5?) wheel on here prior to this set up (same spring/shock package) and that was looking about right, but circumstances had me selling those wheels and using these temp.

I may decide to stick with these wheels for a while, so that's why I ask for suggestions on this current wheels situation.

In the future, I may also consider going to 17" or 18" BBS LM - so any recommendations on that set up would be great.

If anyone has suggestions on the best place to get real LM's (not get ripped off by some knock off operation - that would be interesting to hear).

THANK YOU to anyone and all who have ideas and can help. I'm amazed by the knowledge and wealth of information at S14 and the time and everyone commits to helping others.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E30 rideheight side.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	847164Click image for larger version

Name:	m3 front quarter rideheight.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	847165Click image for larger version

Name:	M3 Ride height front.jpg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	847166Click image for larger version

Name:	m3 spacing.jpg
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	847167
    Sports Cars and Collector Cars

i have the same ds1 on same color car running on IE springs and koni adjustables, real nice ride quality and agresive look

Comment

btw those are old pics (30mm in back 15 in front) i am now running 45 in back and 30 in front

Comment

Originally posted by lore2486 View Post
        i have the same ds1 on same color car running on IE springs and koni adjustables, real nice ride quality and agresive look
        Thanks - twins, I'd say!

Those IE Springs - which model spring are they sizes etc? Any specifics there?

Much appreciated, your car looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by SportsCarAdvisor View Post
          I searched S14 for a while and could not really find the particular situation I'm having regarding ride height & wheels/tires. I want my ride height to be slightly lower and more aggressive. Pictures below.

I believe the current setup I have is as follows:

DS1 wheels 17" x 7.5" shod with Continental Extreme DW 215/40 ZR17. I'm pretty sure we have 1/2" to 1" spacers all around.

There's about 1" of space vertical between tire and fender and 1.25" inward as it sits now - both front and rear sitting similar. Seems like a lot of "room".

HR Sport springs, Bilstein sport shocks. Had camber plates on the front, just removed those to see if that would help, marginal difference.

I think the ride height is TRUCKING and the car is not SLAMMED enough for my tastes.

Handles and drives well with this set up as is, but I want to get a slightly more aggressive look.

Any suggestions on getting a slightly more agressive/lowered look while maintaining ride quality? I don't want it scraping the ground or anything where the wheels are pitched inward to a silly extent. Looking for something more akin to old school DTM look perhaps...

Bear with me as I'm a neophyte when it comes to wheel / tire and suspension set ups so any advice / thoughts suggestions people have is greatly appreciated.

By way of background, I was running 18" x 8" basket weave (style 5?) wheel on here prior to this set up (same spring/shock package) and that was looking about right, but circumstances had me selling those wheels and using these temp.

I may decide to stick with these wheels for a while, so that's why I ask for suggestions on this current wheels situation.

In the future, I may also consider going to 17" or 18" BBS LM - so any recommendations on that set up would be great.

If anyone has suggestions on the best place to get real LM's (not get ripped off by some knock off operation - that would be interesting to hear).

THANK YOU to anyone and all who have ideas and can help. I'm amazed by the knowledge and wealth of information at S14 and the time and everyone commits to helping others.

[ATTACH]7462[/ATTACH][ATTACH]7463[/ATTACH][ATTACH]7464[/ATTACH][ATTACH]7465[/ATTACH]
          I've cut my springs 1 coil around, will give you that perfect drop, 1 "

Comment

Originally posted by BingM3 View Post
            I've cut my springs 1 coil around, will give you that perfect drop, 1 "
            thank you for the feedback. keep the car looking sharp!

Comment

Working...
            X