Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's collect a database of wheels and tires that we fit to our cars.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's collect a database of wheels and tires that we fit to our cars.

Please post all the wheels that you run on your E30 M3. Please include all wheels that you know of, even if you don't own them.

Wheel brand/model (list all you've tried):
    size:
    offset:
    spacer size (if needed):
    Weight:

What tires have you mated to these wheels (list all you've tried)

Tire brand/model:
    size:
    do they rub (yes/no/ a little), and would smaller tire sizes make them fit better:
    did you like the tire/s

Suspension (list all you've tried):
    What suspension do you have:
    Does it affect the wheel and tire combo your listing:

Any wheels that are great for BBK's (big break kits):

Is there any wheel or tire that we should stay clear of? DId I miss any questions?

What's your favorite street tire, what about track tire.

Disclaimer: Remember, I know absolutely nothing, but it doesn't prevent me from having an opinion or suggestion. :

I can't comment on wheels, I've always had stock rims.
    But, my favorite street tires are Falken Azenis 205/50/15.
    They are the stickiest street tire available and cheap at $70 a piece.
    They will last about 10k miles with regular street driving.
    Great in the rain, but useless on snow.
    -Han

Comment

My stock rims fit just perfect! No rubbing or anything.
      :p
      OK Im just jealous of everyone with 17" wheels! sorry!

Comment

im running 16' tsw hockenheims with 16/225/45 yokohama a520s. dont know the offset off hand but they dont require spacers and dont rub at all accept a slight amount at absolute full lock. they grip really nice latterally but the traction is nothing special. im also running sparco strut bars front and back, eibach pro kit springs, bilstein sport dampers, and sway bars front/rear (also eibach). there is a 1.75" drop on the front and 1.5" drop in the rear. i personally regret my decision on the springs and wish i got something linear instead of progressive. nonetheless, the grip is very good on those tires, but the traction off the line is just so-so. ive also had toyo proxies of the same dimension and they were pretty much the same ability but more expencive. probably a tad faster wearing too.

looks better than it runs :/

Comment

I have the original Sport Evo 16" rims with Dunlop SP9000 tires in 225/45.The grip feels very good compared to my old michelin tires.
          I have a Group N supension kit from bilstein/Eibach, wich is the original BMW-group N kit(bought from BMW in Germany for 1.100 euro) Very good for both street and tracs.
          I`m dreaming of 18" BBS CH....My car has derserved those wheels, but...Nearly all rims that fits the E34 also fits the E30 M3, so it`s just to start searching.

Comment

On Stock Sspension:
            16"x7.5" TSW Hockenhiems w/ 205/50/16 A520's...no rubbing at all...dont remember the offset though...decent tires...

On H&R OE's and Bilstien Sports:
            17"x7.5" E36 M3 Motorsport 10 spokes...needed 15mm spacers...ran very used 235/40/17 Michelin Pilot Mxx3's....GREAT TIRES...only a little rubbing at full lock...

On H&R Sports(front 1 coil cut) and Bilstien Sports:
            17"x8" Front and 17"x9" Rear Fikse FM-5's...Offset was 44...reduced w/ 15mm spacers. Very Very little rubbing at full lock. Brand New 235/40/17 Michelin Pilot Mxx3's....I REPEAT...the best tire I've driven on so far...

On H&R Race(front coil cut and rear pad removed) and Bilstien Sports:
            In the process of Purchasing some 18x8 and 18x9 Rims w/ Pirelli P-Zero Yellow 235/35/18 all around....I'll let you know how it goes..

ADA///M

Comment

Fikse Mach V's 17x8 all around with 15 mm H&R spacers

Tires-235/40 all around Kuhmo Ecsta 712's----not bad for the money, does its job

Suspension-H&R sport with bilstein shocks---rubbed at full lock sometimes

Switched to IE stage 3 race springs with bilstein sports still---rubbed a lot more at full lock
              Old School

Comment

I have OZ Superleggeras in 17 X 8. The wheels are the E36 offset with 38mm offset, and I am using 18mm spacers. Tires are Bridgestone S03s, 215/40-17 front and 235/40-17 rear. No rubbing whatsoever. Grip is phenomenal, in fact I have never managed to break them loose (I don't track the car, or drive it in the rain).

I am planning on ditching the staggered sizing when the tires wear, although I don't know if I will go with 215s all around or 235s. I will probably drive for a bit with the 235s in front. If they don't rub at all I will go with them all around. Slightest rubbing, and I will go to 215s all around.

Comment

Re: Let's collect a database of wheels and tires that we fit to our cars.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Magnus
                  [B]Please post all the wheels that you run on your E30 M3. Please include all wheels that you know of, even if you don't own them.

Damn Magnus, you've read my mind! I was gonna suggest this yesterday. This E30M3 community is getting weird :evil:

Wheel brand/model : Racing Dynamics made for the E30 M3 (may be for sale)
                  size: 16" * 7.5"
                  offset: ?? I've never taken them off the car
                  spacer size (if needed): No Spacers
                  Weight: ??

Wheel brand/model : AC Schnitzer Type I Racing
                  size: 17" * 8"
                  offset:et33
                  spacer size (if needed): Yes, but they are not installed yet.
                  Weight: ??
                  What tires have you mated to these wheels (list all you've tried): Don't know. I'm thinking 235/40 - 17 Goodyear GS-D3

Tire brand/model: Toyo
                  size: 225/45 - 16
                  do they rub (yes/no/ a little), and would smaller tire sizes make them fit better: NO and NO
                  did you like the tire/s: Yes they work great

Suspension (list all you've tried): Dinan Stage III, Ground Control, Stock
                  What suspension do you have: Dinan Stage III/Koni
                  Does it affect the wheel and tire combo your listing: No

Any wheels that are great for BBK's (big break kits):

Stupid tire fit questions: (I'm trying to avoid staggered sizing)
                  Hey will 245/35 -17 work with minor fender rolling?
                  Or will the Falken Azenis in the 225/45 -17 work? (they have a 1" larger diameter than stock??

90 Sterling 2.5L E30///M3 lifer
                  97 Porsche Carrera S
                  13 Audi S6
                  SOLD 03 Audi RS6 daily
                  GONE 88 E28///M5 project

Comment

Re: Let's collect a database of wheels and tires that we fit to our cars.

RH X-Rad 17x8" ET 35 with 215/45/17
                    Spacer is needed. Between 0 and 1 mm clearance between the rim and the strut without spacer.
                    I have tried both 3 mm and 15 mm spacer.
                    Rubbing, only the slightest at lock with 15 mm spacer.

Wheelweight: ~9 kg (felt about the same as the M5E34 17x8" wheel)

Suspension: Bilstein Sprint with some Koni springs (~10-15 mm drop vs std M3E30) plus both upper and lower excentric bushing for the front suspension.

Comment

Ok heres my set up...

Wheels: The factory BMW wheels from a 528i sport (BBS)
                      Size: 17x8
                      Offset: 20mm
                      Spacers: NO
                      Weight: ???

Tires: Yoko's avs es100's
                      Size: 215/40/17

Suspension: H&R race with 1/2 cut coil in the front/bilstien sports

Also new offset control arm bushings, (Powerflex)

No rub at locks. Does rub fender on wierd hill turning at low speed when wheel is at lock.

Comment

Good idea Magnus ...

BBS GT2 16x7.5 ET30

Kuhmo Ecsta 7somethingorother 225.45.16

Bilstein Sport Shocks / H&R Sport Springs

Never, ever rub in front or rear.

Chris

Comment

BBS LM 17 X 8 with 18mm spacer
                          Michelin Pilot Sport 235/40 17
                          Eibach pro kit springs
                          Bilstein Sport struts

front tires only rub at full lock.

what about your setup magnus??? if we have to post our setups, you do too!

mark

Ruining Motorsport one M3 at a time...

Comment

Alpina Classics: 17x7.5 17x8.5 et 12. (what is strange is that i cant find my front rims listed anywhere 17's only came in a 17x8 and up....)
                            Nitto 225 40 F, 245 35 R
                            H&R sports springs
                            KYB Sport struts

anyway, no rub in the front, but will rub if a 225 45 is used, or a 235 40.
                            "Just road, seat, ASS; THE END!" - Jeremy Clarkson
                            "If you had a choice between a million dollars and world peace, what would you get for your E30 M3?" - ItsNotTheNissan
                            onfirelabs.com twitter.com/suga_shane

Comment

BBS 18 x 8 Sport Bolt Pattern (for 7 series same wheel as Style 59 for e39's) 20mm offset on Yokohama Paradas 22 35 18's. Right now on H/R 5 mm spacers because of new rotors and pads. Once they wear, the 5mm spacers goes...Wheels bought from Steve (Adam) Piotroswski in TX

Used to have '91 M5 wheels 17 x 8 on 215 and 235 40 17 Kuhmo Ecsta 712's.

:rolleyes:

Comment

Working...
                              X